▪ Juan is the Managing Partner of Horizon Partners and sits on the Board of Canacol Energy, Colombia’s largest natural gas producer after NOC Ecopetrol and on the Board of Bakery Business International, which runs Tostao, Colombia’s largest chain of cafes.
▪ Prior to Horizon, Juan was a Managing Director at Millennium Global, a London-based USD 13 billion hedge fund group.
At Millennium, Juan managed investments in public as well as private markets.
▪ He was particularly active in mining, oil & gas, and agriculture. Prior to Millennium, Juan headed the Milan office of Rubikon Partners, a mid-market private equity firm, focused on the European market and chaired by Dr. Henry Kissinger.
▪ At age 27, Juan started Circulo Asegurador, one of the first online insurance brokers in South America, with operations in Brazil and Argentina. Edgar Bronfman Jr. was an important investor in Circulo.
▪ Prior to that, in 1997, Juan was an early recruit of Texas Pacific Group, today one of the largest private equity firms in the World, and worked for them in the US and Argentina.
▪ He started his professional career in New York at age 23, working for Salomon Brothers. Juan graduated with honors in Economics from Harvard University.
▪ Founding partner of Horizon Partners. Joined its predecessor firm (Horizon Capital) in 2005.
▪ Has advised clients in the structuring, valuation, and negotiation of complex transactions (M&A,
debt, and equity) with value of USD +1 billion mainly in the Latin American energy industry.
▪ Previously worked as a financial analyst for Zurich Financial Services and for the Center for
Financial Stability, a leading Argentine think tank.
▪ Holds a B.S. in Economics from Universidad Nacional de Tucumán and an M.S. in Finance from
Universidad de San Andrés in Buenos Aires.
▪ Credit risk analyst and a CIB analyst at JP Morgan.
▪ Previously worked for Coca-Cola and Glencore.
▪ Holds a B.S. in Business from Universidad Nacional del Sur and a
MSc in Finance (with Distinction, top 10% of his class) from Cass
Business School (City, University of London).
▪ Senior Financial and Planning Analyst at Tenaris.
▪ Previously worked for Natura Cosmeticos and Banco Meridian.
▪ Holds a B.S. in Economics (magna cum laude) from Universidad of
Buenos Aires and a M.S. in Finance from Universidad de San
Andrés in Buenos Aires.
▪ Senior Investment Advisor for Draco Capital.
▪ Investor Relations Manager at YPF.
▪ Previously worked for AR Partners / Raymond James Argentina as Head of Equity Research and Lead Energy Analyst, Crisil GR&A, and Santander.
▪ Holds a B.S. in Economics with honors from Universidad Católica Argentina, a M.S. in Finance from Universidad del CEMA in Buenos Aires, and is a CFA charterholder.
▪ Coordination Manager at Draco Capital.
▪ Previously worked for Private Aviation Consulting, Accenture, and Royal Air.
▪ Holds a B.S. in Economics from Universidad of Buenos Aires and completed postgraduate studies in Strategic Management for Sustainable Development from UADE (Buenos Aires).
▪ Investment Analyst at Magna Capital (PE & VC Investment Fund).
▪ Previously worked for Louis Dreyfus Company and co-founded
▪ Holds a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Instituto Tecnológico
de Buenos Aires (ITBA) and is a CFA charterholder.
▪ Corporate Development Associate at Telecom Argentina.
▪ Previously, worked for GHSM Capital.
▪ Holds a B.S. in Finance (cum laude) from Universidad de San Andrés and passed level 1 of the CFA program.